But before you get out your decorations and start planning what you’ll be making for Thanksgiving dinner, consider revving up your skincare regimen. After all, the summer season can be difficult on the skin; from hyperpigmentation and sun damage to wrinkles and rough texture, summer skin can definitely dull your holiday glow.
That’s why board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sean Doherty – with practices in downtown Boston and Brookline, MA – recommends clients start booking these fall facial treatments now:
- Start scheduling microdermabrasions every month. These treatments are gentler than chemical peels, but still highly effective at improving rough skin texture. Microdermabrasions are the cornerstone of any effective anti-aging regimen, so be sure to keep these treatments up after the holiday season has ended.
- For clients with more noticeable wrinkles and fine lines, schedule Botox appointments every three to four months and volumizing facial fillers every five to six months. Doherty uses a light and subtle approach to injections, so you’ll never end up looking overdone.
- Believe it or not, the darker, cooler autumn season is perfect for laser hair removal. The excessive heat and sun exposure of the summer months can irritate skin after a laser treatment, which is why clients should book these appointments during autumn. Doherty uses stronger numbing creams to help minimize any discomfort during the procedure.
- Got a few facial brown spots from the summer sun? Reverse the damage with photofacials, which is done with intense pulsed light (IPL). There’s minimal downtime and discomfort associated with this treatment, and it can be done in-office.
- Looking for the most effective way to achieve glowing, ageless skin? then consider having a laser resurfacing procedure, which is performed by Dr. Doherty. This treatment can help removal brown spots, minimize the appearance of scars, and even fade the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Doherty recommends a treatment once per month for three months. During recovery, clients should expect to devote at least five to seven days of redness and sensitivity.
Book your fall treatments now in time for the holiday season. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Doherty at one of his two practices in Brookline, MA and downtown Boston. Dr. Doherty serves the greater Boston, MA metro area.